Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Walk

Can You pick me up?
Can You help me see
I don't know what to believe
Except that You love me
I don't know what to do
I don't know how to be
Show me how to see
The things that are waiting for me

I've been down before
But I just closed my eyes
I'll keep them open this time
Don't want to miss the holes I keep steppin in
Breathe into me
Show me the hope I believe
And take me away
Because everything's changed

How can I walk away
How can you ask this of me?
My heart is falling apart
My spirit's suffocating in this cascade of pain

I tried to be strong
But my words failed me
I promised you everything
And gave into the pressure
You said you forgave me
I don't know how
I want to start this again
Just show me how

I'm not a perfect man
I'm not superman
But I'll do the best I can
To follow You
I'll do the best I can
To love You

I gave everything to you
But it's too late

No comments: