Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Carpenter

Something that I don't know how to grab hold of is holding onto me
You took the words out of my mouth when I didn't want to speak
This awkwardness around us feels so natural
I don't understand why, but I smile and hope everything will be fine
I didn't regret a single word I said
I could read your answer just from the way you looked at me
This hurts more than anything, but the pain gives me strength
The unspoken feelings we share, I know will never come back to me

What I said was what I said
But I still don't know if you understand
How could everything stay the same?
How could everything change?
I know you know
That you're still hiding from yourself
Things are not the same
And I won't live in yesterday

You can take what was given
I won't stand in the way
But learn your lesson
If you come back, I won't promise anything

No comments: