Sunday, December 9, 2007

100 Hours

Suddenly something so old and wretched
Has started to become my new best friend
Without warning
All my dreams dashed under my bed
But somehow my mistakes don't push me away
They take me to a place where I can say
I'm proud of who I am today

I can't remember what's happened in the last hundred hours
But I know life's changed forever
It's something so beautiful, maybe I'll believe
When I wake up from this dream
Of fantasies, heartbreak, 19 years of living
It all brought me here to this place
Where I'm not sure, and I'm damned if I think I know
Tomorrow wouldn't mean a thing to me

Look at me, I don't know who I am
Without you, I don't know what to do
Cause with you, I don't know where I'm going
But you know everything so I'll just hold on

Life hit the brakes so I jumped the next train
Got out of the city, danced when I saw sky
Night came and the stars shined right through my eyes
The rain came and pulled me down to the ground
You might say I'm stuck in this place
I would be if I needed to be somewhere
My life is a blank, and I like it that way
There's nothing to hold me down or force me to stay

No comments: